This was a rough month for us all to get the stomach bug. It started out with a serious lack of appetite for my boys, and they were both extra tired. Cole went to school, and threw up on the bus. They called me as soon as he got to school, but my car was in the shop getting new struts, so I had no way to pick him up. I didn't want to call anyone with kids since I wasn't sure what he had. Luckily, Jenni was able to leave work, pick him up, and bring him home. We set up a sick bed for him; a big blanket covered with towels and a bucket right next to it. He threw up a few times, and then Connor started too. It worked out well that my mom, Suzanne, and Andrea had stopped by to see us right when Connor started throwing up. It took some work to get them both cleaned up and keep them distracted from how bad they felt. My mom also took all of the stuff they had thrown up on since my washer had been broken. Throughout the time it was broke, she probably did about twelve loads of laundry for us. They all came back sorted and folded. It was pretty awesome! We really appreciate all of her help.
I took Cole into the doctor the next morning because he was still not able to keep anything down. I packed an overnight bag for us because I figured we would wind up in the hospital, which we did for two nights. Chris met us at the hospital in time to help keep Cole happy for the IV, and I sat in the hospital chair and tried my hardest not to cry. Cole did much better than I did. After a couple of hours, my family came to pick up Connor and take him home. They were supposed to be in Provo, but Spencer was sick so they stayed home. I'm glad they did!
They came back to see us the next day and took Cole to the play room and gave him several rides around the floor with him standing on his IV stand, and brought him a couple new dinosaur toys. Grandpa PA came and took him to the playroom, too, and gave him rides in the wagon. He brought him a huge blue icee too. Cole was so happy to see him! We love that he will take the time to stay involved with Cole. We really are lucky to have so many supportive people in our lives.
After we got released from the hospital, I got some sort of stomach bug. After throwing up five times in under an hour, I called my mom to see if they would be able to pick up the kids just in case. They were at my house within the hour, and Suzanne volunteered to sleep on my bedroom floor just in case I needed anything. I forgot how weak the stomach flu makes you! She brought my frozen root beer cubes, apple juice, and made me toast. I'm glad she was there! I don't think I was fully recovered by the time I went to the hospital to be induced.
No comments:
Post a Comment